Great bonus and insurance coverage necessitate every traveler to avail of a Credit Card for them. Travel credit cards are beneficial for any kind of travel you make, whether it is business or recreational. Who does not love to get a free bag check or complimentary lounge access at the airport, right?
However, choosing the best credit cards for traveling that can match your needs is a confusing task. You don’t need to worry about any of that; get your suits and boots ready for your next tour. However, read about the following travel Credit Cards and make your journey hassle-free and secure.
Best Travel Credit Cards in 2022 – Benefits, Rewards & Fees
CNBC named this card “The Best Travel Card” in 2018. Following are some of the features you can enjoy with this card_
- Reward Rate: with this credit card, you can earn almost 2x miles reward.
- Annual fee: The annual fee for the first year is waived and from the consecutive year it is $ 95.
- APR: 17.49% – 24.74%
- Foreign Transaction fee: Free
- Intro Balance Transfer Rate: NA
- You can get 50,000 (equal to $5000) miles as a one-time bonus. For this, you have to make a purchase of $3,000 within first 3 months. You also need to know that miles don’t expire and there is no maximum limit set for miles.
- This credit card can also offer you a $100 application fee for Global Entry.
- You can use this card on any blackout day and enjoy all the perks.
- This card also offers you to transfer your miles to any of the 12 loyalty programs.
You must opt for this Credit card if you are seeking the most valuable bonus. This card is focused to help small business owners. Interestingly, this card also offers cellular phone protection. Check out the detailed features_
- The annual fee for this credit card is $95
- With this credit card, you can earn a bonus of 80,000 points when you make a payment of $5,000 within the first three months of account opening.
- This credit card can get you 3 bonus points for $1 spent on traveling and is limited to up to $150,000. After you reach that expense cap, you can avail 1 point for every $1 spent on any purchase. Check out the terms and conditions for more bonus details.
- As discussed before, you could get your cell phone theft coverage and other damages when you make bill payments with this credit card.
This is another best travel credit card you can use for secure transactions. Go through the features_
- With this card, you can earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent on any transaction.
- There is no annual fee required for this credit card and also charges for foreign transactions are free. Another thing to note is that the points you gain do not expire. If you make a transaction of $1,000 within the first three months of opening your account, you can avail of 25,000 bonus points. This can add up to $250 credits which you can use while traveling.
- There is no blackout day restriction with this card. So you can avail of perks and bonus points at any time of the year.
- You can redeem points to book flights or hotels or car rentals.
- The introductory APR rate is 0% and the variable APR is 16.49%-24.49%
- You also need to know that, you can earn 25%-75% extra points for any purchase if you happen to be a preferred Rewards member.
Some other features of this credit card are_
- Lost baggage Reimbursement
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Travel insurance
- FICO Score
- Extended Warranty
- Mobile Pay Ready
This is by far the best credit card you can avail of; however, you have to maintain an excellent credit to enjoy all the perks it has to offer. Check out the important features_
- The annual fee for this credit card is $550; however, the company waives the annual fee for serving military personnel.
- For new cardholders, credit card offers 60,000 bonus rewards which are almost $600 and can be used for airlines booking through Amex Partners. However, to avail of this offer, you have to maintain a minimum expenditure of $5,000 within the first three months of opening your account.
- It offers $1 for every purchase. Excitingly, you can get 5 points for every dollar spent for flight booking via amextravel.com or hotel booking via American Express. You are required to read the terms and conditions property before subscribing to them for this only.
- As a responsible cardholder, you get an Uber credit of $20 in December and $200 every year as an airline fee.
- The best thing it has to offer is that you can get access to luxury airport lounges around the world and also reimbursements for the Global Entry fee.
5. Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
This low-fee credit card has lots to offer_
- With this credit card, you can earn 40,000 points when you make a payment of $1,000 for any purchase, within the first three months.
- After a year of using the card, you can get 3,000 bonus points.
- For every $1 you spend, you get 2 bonus points. You can avail of such any transactions in hotel booking or car rental/.
- All other transactions can get you 1 bonus point for each $1.
- Excitingly, there are no blackout dates or other restrictions like that, so you can avail the perks it has to offer at any time of a year.
- You can redeem your bonus points for flight or hotel booking, gift cards and get access to many events.
Other features are_
- Concierge service
- Reimbursement for lost luggage.
- Purchase protection
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Roadside Assistance
- Rental Insurances and many more
Frequently Asked Question:
Yes. Payment with the CHASE card is very easier. For this, you just need to login into your account and do the same. You can also set automatic payments.
No. The credit card numbers do not change for any up-gradation. Only the expiry date and security code or CVV will change.
No. The bonus points you get for making payments are kept permanently. It also gets transferred to the new account when you prefer up-gradation.
The best travel credit cards are those that offer the best rewards and benefits and available to use it internationally. By looking at the different cards available, you can find the one that is best for your needs. Be sure to compare the fees and interest rates, as well as the rewards, to find the card that is right for you.
You May Also Like:
Hi This is Bavuma founder and writer for shutitdowndc. I am from a middle class family with 6 members. My parents being both bankers, elder sister being a CA have multiple choices as and when I think about shopping options. I am sure you will all agree that in the present scenario credit cards are preferred over carrying currency with us.