Are you confused about how to connect your airpods to MacBook? The process is an easy one and there is nothing to get confused. All that you need is a little guidance and that is exactly what we are going to do here.
How to Connect Airpods to MacBook?
Now we will consider 2 scenarios and will guide you accordingly.
- It is possible that your Airpods are already connected to your iPhone and you only want to connect them to your Macbook. Now, this is a simple process and here are the steps for the same.
- First of all, put your Airpods in your ears and turn them on
- Next, you need to turn on your Mac computer
- Once your Mac has loaded and you can access your Mac computer at that time you need to go to the menu bar. This is located in the top right corner of your screen. Here you will find the active connections, settings, and apps of your Mac computer.
- Here you will find the Bluetooth option. You have to select this option.
- Now in the dropdown list, you have to search for the name of your Airpods. If your airpods name appears in the drop-down list then it means that the Airpods are recognized by the Mac computer.
- You have to select your Airpods from the list.
- Now you can play something. You will find that your Airpods will work just fine and you do not need to make any other changes to the settings.
Tip: I suggest you to add blutooth in Menu Bar so it will be easy for you to connect Airpods whenever you want.
One very important thing that needs to be noted over here is that your iPhone and your Mac computer have to be connected to the same iCloud account and with the same Apple id. Only then you will be able to make use of this procedure. If your Mac is making use of some different account then you may not be able to use the above-mentioned procedure.
- There is a possibility that your Airpods are not connected to your iPhone. In that case, the process to connect them to your Mac computer will involve a bit longer process.
- First of all, you have to put your Airpods in the charging case.
- Next, you need to start your Mac computer
- Once your Mac computer loads and you are able to access the operating system then you need to go to the menu section.
- In the menu section, you will find the option of system preferences. You need to select this option.
- In system preferences, you will find the Bluetooth option.
- When you are in the Bluetooth section you first need to make sure that your Bluetooth is on.
- Now take the case of the airpods. For better connectivity, it is better to keep the case open.
- Now check the back of the case. Here you will that at the bottom of the case there is a button. This is used for the setup
- This button will switch on the Bluetooth so that it can search for the nearby devices. Here you the airpods have to find your Mac computer
- Press and hold this button till the light next to it flashes a white light
- Next, you need to check the Bluetooth section of your Mac computer. Here you will find that your airpods are listed in the list of devices.
- Next, to them, there will be a blue button and there it will be mentioned “Connect”
- Select this option and then check if your Airpods are connected to your Macbook.
What to do if the Airpods fail to connect to your Macbook?
If you get the message “Couldn’t connect to device in that case you may try using the below-mentioned options:
- Switch off the Bluetooth. Wait for some time and then again start Bluetooth and then check if the airpods connect to your Macbook
- Switch off your Airpods as well as your Macbook. Then first restart your Macbook and then restart your Airpods and now try to connect the two.
- If your Airpods are connected to your iPhone or iPad then go to settings. Next, go to the Bluetooth section. Check if your Airpods are connected here. If they are connected then choose the option “Forget this device” Now try to connect the airpods to your Macbook.
Next time you have to connect your Airpods to your Macbook then just follow this simple guide.